The bubonic plague which hit eastern
Zambia about two months ago has been completely brought under control, the
country's health authorities announced on Monday.
There has been no new case reported so far, said Gavin Silwamba,
director-general of the country's Central Board of Health.
Silwamba said that in a bid to avoid recurrence of the disease, the government
had sent another consignment of insecticide to help reduce the number of fleas
in Petauke, Eastern Province, where the first bubonic plague case was recorded.
About two months ago, bubonic plague broke out in Petauke area of the country,
and the disease killed about 18 people.