Health Care Systems and Clinicians
Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services, 2nd Edition.
This user-friendly manual is divided into two sections: children/adolescents and adults/older adults. Chapters in each section provide information on screening tests, immunizations, and counseling.
Each chapter includes:
- A description of the target condition and risk factors for the condition.
- Information about the effectiveness of the preventive service.
- A list of relevant recommendations by major authorities.
- Instructions for performing the service.
- Listings of patient and provider resources.
The following aids are provided for administrative support and prompting and tracking preventive care:
Health Care Consumers
Booklets provide tips and recommendations for children, adults, and adults over age 50, on health habits, screening tests, and immunizations. They encourage patients to actively participate in their preventive care and include easy-to-use charts to help track personal health information.